If you are looking to start a business of selling cars then in Fontana you will be allowed to sell at least 3-4 cars a year. But if you want to sell more than that then you will need a used car dealership in Fontana. For getting a car dealership you will need a dealer’s license. The requirements differ from state to state and are different in Fontana. You must check the department of motors vehicle to know the exact rules of obtaining a license.
Steps that are prerequisites for obtaining a license —
- Decide on the type of license that is needed –– the type of license that you would need may vary according to the vehicle that you are planning to sell and you must check for the exact requirements. If you are planning to buy a new or used car or motorcycles or boats or trucks or emergency trucks the requirements would vary.
- Study the application process of your state — the process of obtaining a dealer’s license for used cars is quite extensive and so you must gather all sorts of documents and formalities before moving on with the application process.
- Prepare your establishment — having a proper business location is important before you go on to apply for the license. In that case, you must have a proper office, phone number, directory listing and similar stuff which gives proof of your business.
- Prepare all the paperwork — apart from the application form you must also make sure that other forms and application documents are properly arranged before you proceed with the application. Some of the additional documents include zoning approval form, sales tax certificate, corporate fillings etc.
- Check the insurance and bonds — in order to operate as a car dealer license you must show that you have a business that is properly insured. This insurance is also needed to protect the individuals that would buy the used cars from you.
You must also keep the fees of the license acquisition ready with you before you move on to get a used car dealership in fontana.